To provide holistic education to the students, we will provide various academic and activity based programmes in the school. We invite prominent artists and academicians from various walks of life to share their knowledge and experience. Some of the various programmes that would enrich the values and knowledge of our students are:
Apart from Four Unit Tests, Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) is done on a regular basis through project work & class room interactions and surprise class tests. We would place emphasis on improving students' research skills, inference skills, analytical skills, reading and writing skills.
INTRA SCHOOL & INTER SCHOOL EVENTS
The children at all levels are encouraged to participate in all the school events. We follow 'No child is left behind' for our Annual day, Sports day, Literary week, Science Nite out programmes and weekly House activities.
1. Academic Excellence
2. Sports - Winners are given medals on the Sports Day & Trophies are awarded to the winning 'House'.
3. Performing and Fine Arts
INTER SCHOOL EVENTS
In order to encourage, promote and provide a platform to showcase their individual talents, we also organize the following events:
1. Akshar Stars: Inter-school singing competition
2. Akshar Carnival: lnterschool cultural event
3. Akshar Jhankaar: lnterschool dance competition
4. Akshar Creative stage: Inter school Drama
5. Akshar lnterschool Quiz, Spelling, debate and recitation competitions
ACADEMIC SUPPORT ACTIVITIES
1. Field trips: To strengthen opportunities to learn beyond the confines of classroom and explore new areas of learning, regular field trips are arranged for all levels.
2. External Examinations: School will work in conjunction with eminent national and international bodies such as International Maths Olympiad, National Science Olympiad, ICAS (UNSW) and the students appear for various exams as per their choice and interest.
3. Debates: School regularly participates in debate programs conducted by local schools
4. Project exhibition: Students are assigned different topics and specific projects. For each level during school holidays and they are given opportunities to exhibit their projects and learn from those of others.
5. Language week: School organizes language week for all levels to improve oral/conversational skills of students in second language. Some of the activities conducted during second language period are drama, skit and poem recitation.
6. Book Week: School also organizes a book week for all levels to promote reading habits amongst our children. Various activities are planned and organized to bringthese book characters alive for eg. Children dress up as book characters.
All the students are allocated into one of the four 'Houses' and weekly activities and competitions are organized to bring out the best in our students and this also helps in building up the team spiritamongst them. Points are allocated to the House for each activity and the cumulative results are the basis to declare the winning House.
The Name of four houses are:
The Essence of the house system is that it provides structure, socialisation and discipline for students. Houses are widely used in intramural sports to foster healthy competition among the students.